Friday, June 19, 2009

Feedback

This week was personally gratifying in a big way.  With all of the athletes I coach out competing in their respective venues they all resumed training this week and during our training sessions they told me about their races.  The common thread was in the feedback my athletes gave me.  In my last post on "racing to your potential" I shared something that my athletes hear constantly from me.  I call it "Coach Dave's rule of racing."  That is, don't evaluate your performance during your competition.  This seemed to help many athletes in holding their focus.  They have heard it many times from me and some even heard my voice in the back of their head... I got a nice kick out of that.   

So, feedback, it's what keeps athletes going and it gives coaches fuel and helps them determine the best training plan for you.  The opportunity to interact with a professional coach is going to make you better.  The old adage, two heads are better than one definitely applies here.  

Well that's the simple message for this afternoon.  I hope all of you are getting ready to push through a good event this weekend!  Come Monday, get ready to give me your evaluation.

Thank you to all of you for your dedication!  

 

No comments: